Saturday, July 21, 2012

Meet the Artists: Patience chorus members

We've said it before, but it bears repeating. The Opera Omaha chorus members are the reason that our productions have a true "big opera" feeling, sound, and appearance. We think that they are the most talented and professional group of part-time professional singers on the planet. In short, we can't do what we do without them.

This blog article introduces you to four of our chorus members for the Monday, July 23 performance of selections from Patience. We are delighted to present chorus members, Brandon Shostak, Megan McGuire, Allison Harvey, and Brett Epperson. Each of them was asked to provide a Twitter-ready 140 character or fewer biography, their favorite musician or music group, and a bit about their first opera experience. The results are below. Enjoy!

Brandon Shostak

Twitter-ready bio: Le Mars IA native, Morningside grad, private voice and fitness coach. Performed at The Rose and Opera Omaha. Sings Elvis.

Favorite musician: Frank Sinatra/Brian Setzer Orchestra

First opera: Turandot; I was in college and at first I didn’t know how to handle it, but by the 2nd act I really enjoyed it!







Megan McGuire

Megan is featured in the role of "Jane" in Patience.

Twitter-ready bio: Performed in 48 states as a character actress in musical theatre and opera. Does radio voiceovers. Patience is 3rd show with Opera Omaha.

Favorite musician: My favorite musical group changes all the time, but currently I'm listening to the Whitefield Bros. quite a bit. 

First opera: I believe the first Opera I ever heard or saw was Eugene Onegin, at Opera Omaha. Although I was a singer, I had not yet considered Opera - I was there because it was sung in Russian, and I was studying that language at the time. I fell in love and have been a sincere Opera buff ever since. I might have been fourteen?


Allison Harvey

Twitter-ready bio: Recent graduate from UNL and is currently on the move to Chicago. Appeared in UNL productions including Le Nozze di Figaro and Our Town.

Favorite musician: Guster

First opera: The first time Allison heard opera was during high school voice lessons. She was completely freaked when she found out she would have to sing in Italian! 





Brett Epperson

Twitter-ready bio: Graduate of Luther College and will be teaching vocal music at Jefferson High School in Cedar Rapids, IA this fall.

Favorite musician: John Mayer

First opera: I saw La Boheme at the University of Nebraska when I was a senior in high school (17 years old). I really enjoyed parts of the music (Quando m'en vo), but thought the whole show was much too long!

No comments: